- Remove all Trans Fats from your diet. Replace them with healthy ones, and do not be afraid of good fats as every cell in your body needs to be covered in them. 50% of your brain and nervous system are made up of fat and half of that is cholesterol. So feed your brain, and if you don’t eat fish, you should be supplementing with a clean, quality fish oil.
- Replace grains with Pseudo Grains. Quinoa, buckwheat, teff, millet, amaranth and wild rice are great substitutes. These are much more nutritious, non-GMO (genetically modified), gluten free and less inflammatory.
- Change the Meat you eat. If I’m telling YOU not to eat so many grains, please do not eat animals artificially fed with these grains. Eat grass-fed meats, free-range organic poultry and wild-caught cold water fish.
- Replace and reduce Refined Sugar in your diet. Great alternatives are stevia, medjool dates, minimally processed local honey and even monk fruit in the raw (check this out online).
- Drink more Water. Water keeps cells hydrated, supports healthy skin, digestion and bowel movements, to name a few of its benefits. You should ideally drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water each day, which does not include coffee, soda or juice.
Feel free to ask any questions next time you’re in the office. These are simple changes you can make this year that will improve your health for years to come!
Use the 5 tips above and Juice Plus+ for a healthier New Year.